Did you know most plumbers go a little overboard when it comes to shower valve repairs?
It’s true. Many of them automatically cut right into the wall, costing you loads of money when it isn’t necessary. 80% of the time, a shower valve problem is a cartridge problem, something we can fix without opening the wall at all.
There are exceptions, of course, but when you call us to fix your shower you get the peace of mind that comes with knowing we’re going to look for the quickest and most cost-effective solution to your problem.
Common Shower Problems
We get calls about showers all over Tucson every single week. Showers can be touchy little systems, and a lot can go wrong:
- Dripping shower heads are just as bad as dripping faucets when it comes to wasting water and increasing your water bill. The sound is equally as annoying, too.
- Sometimes the tub stops diverting water to the shower head, making it impossible to take a shower at all. This is a pain for those who hate baths.
- Leaky drains and clogged drains plague showers all the time. We also see leaky shower grains.
- Cracks in tile or grout are problematic because they can damage the wall behind the shower, essentially compromising your bathroom’s waterproofing system.
- You should also be concerned if you see a crack in the fiberglass of a tub or shower, for much the same reason.
- If the sheetrock behind your valve or head is showing signs of discoloration or feels soft to the touch your shower head may be leaking behind the wall, where you can’t see it.
- You have low water pressure, but only in the shower. This can be a sign your shower head has gotten clogged up with hard water deposits. Sometimes all it takes to fix it is a good cleaning. Sometimes all it needs is a new cartridge. Sometimes the whole fixture needs to be replaced because the sediment has completely destroyed its ability to take a cartridge, at which point we’d need to install another shower head for you.
No matter what your shower issue is we’re more than happy to diagnose it and repair it so you don’t have to worry about it any longer.
Shower Head Installation
Some homeowners get sick of their old showerheads and simply want to install new ones. Choosing a new, high-quality shower head is certainly a great way to update a tired bathroom, and it will often solve the problem with your old shower head.
It is not, however, a DIY project, and the big box stores are unlikely to provide you with high-quality shower heads which will last for years to come. Ask us about our selection of shower heads. We’ll be happy to introduce you to the various brands we work with and teach you some of the advantages of these well-crafted fixtures.
You’ll even find a range of style options to spark your imagination. You don’t have to settle for a boring, bland shower head if you don’t want to. You could take this opportunity to install a rain fall shower system, for example, or a pressure balance shower system.
If you don’t want to ramp up to that level of luxury, we can still introduce you to highly reliable shower heads which should provide years of trouble-free enjoyment.
Dealing with Sediment
As previously mentioned, Tucson’s hard water is the bane of shower heads all over town. You can help to alleviate this problem in one of two ways.
One way would be to slip a plastic bag of vinegar on your shower heads once a month. Just slip the bag in place with a rubber band and let it sit overnight. You can clean the shower head with a toothbrush. That won’t get the sediment deep inside the shower mechanism, but it will take care of some of it.
You can also ask us about our whole-house reverse osmosis filters, which will keep your shower heads sediment free for years to come. We especially recommend this to customers who are installing high-grade, luxury shower heads that they’d like to keep nice. You won’t thank yourself for letting that beautiful waterfall shower with LED lighting turn into a clogged mess because you didn’t think to keep your water clear of calcium deposits.
You’ve got shower problems? We’ve got shower solutions! Call Now!
Have a plumbing problem? We are here to help!!
Call for an estimate* today! (520) 829-9842
*All service calls are subject to a $45.00 service charge.